Sunday, March 9, 2008

monkey business

logan had a monkey party for his first birthday. he has a little stuffed monkey that he takes pretty much everywhere and he loves to look at monkeys...which explains the monkey party. we had it at the park by our house and all of our family and friends came to celebrate. we had yummy barbecue food, thanks dan for cooking it, and yummy monkey cake. i think that logan enjoyed all of his food and presents! thanks everyone for coming to celebrate logan's birthday with us. we are so blessed to have family and friends who love logan and we are so grateful to be his parents and to watch him grow!

logan loved it when everyone sang happy birthday to him.

monkey cake

logan eating the monkey ear.

logan finished with the monkey ear.


7 comments:

The Ensign's said...

Sooooo fun... We are such losers for missin out. I had to work and Shay had a baptism to go to. It sounds like it was a lot of fun though! I cant believe he's 1!!!!!

The Laytons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Laytons said...

You are so flippin' creative I can't stand it! That is the cutest cake I have ever seen. I am so sorry we missed out - looks like you guys had so much fun! I hope we get to see you guys again soon!

The Laytons said...

That comment deleted was by me - sorry :) I messed up so I had to re-do it!

The Laytons said...

Kristy, cute hair! Sorry, I keep commenting, but I just noticed... I love it!

Jamie said...

is that the martha stewart monkey cake? I've totally been waiting for an excuse to make it. I taped the episode where she made it and I have it waiting for when I find the opportunity. Good Job! It looks amazing!

Richard and Emily said...

Kristy did you make that cake?? I am super impressed!! That's got to be the best monkey cake I have ever seen. Looks like a fun birthday party :) Logan is so cute.